He stayed at my house for about a week and a half before one of the girls from Petco decided to take him home on a trial basis to see if he would get along well with her pets (and by pets I mean her 50lb+ tortoises). Well its been about a week since she's had him and she absolutely loves him and is going to be his permanent loving home! He was quite an amazing dog, so I had been telling her from the beginning that the minute she takes him home she wont be able to give him up. He was a little chihuahua terrier mix who was just a little sweetheart. His previous owner was a guy who was in his early 20's and was leaving for China to finish his masters degree. I met him the day he was going to take Rascal to the Humane Society. I just felt so bad, because the guy already felt awful about having to give his dog up. He had actually been looking for a new home for Rascal but couldn't find one, and neither his friends nor family would take him in. So, because of my love of animals I agreed to take him and PROMISED to find him a great home. Well...I believe I have stuck to that promise, and I'm just sooo happy that Rascal has a permanent home now. Tony always says that we should just start our own animal shelter because I bring home enough animals to start one, and I definitely put in enough hard work of finding them homes, and caring for them. I think I've pretty much found my passion. It just infuriates me the way some people treat their animals, and if I know that I've helped one animal...that's all that counts.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Petco Puppy #3
Surprisingly we get A TON of animals just dropped off at Petco. I think a lot of people just don't want to deal with all the questions if they turn them into the Humane Society (as well as the $40 fee), so they just dump them at Petco. So far I have brought home 3 dogs and and 6 cats. All 6 cats have found homes through the endless efforts of Rescue House (a cat only no kill rescue group). One of the dogs I brought home I took to the San Diego Humane Society because I just could not find him a home and he didn't get along well with my dogs. The other puppy had to be taken to the animal ER because he was probably only about 5 weeks old and just could not keep any food down, and then there was the 3rd dog....Rascal.

He stayed at my house for about a week and a half before one of the girls from Petco decided to take him home on a trial basis to see if he would get along well with her pets (and by pets I mean her 50lb+ tortoises). Well its been about a week since she's had him and she absolutely loves him and is going to be his permanent loving home! He was quite an amazing dog, so I had been telling her from the beginning that the minute she takes him home she wont be able to give him up. He was a little chihuahua terrier mix who was just a little sweetheart. His previous owner was a guy who was in his early 20's and was leaving for China to finish his masters degree. I met him the day he was going to take Rascal to the Humane Society. I just felt so bad, because the guy already felt awful about having to give his dog up. He had actually been looking for a new home for Rascal but couldn't find one, and neither his friends nor family would take him in. So, because of my love of animals I agreed to take him and PROMISED to find him a great home. Well...I believe I have stuck to that promise, and I'm just sooo happy that Rascal has a permanent home now. Tony always says that we should just start our own animal shelter because I bring home enough animals to start one, and I definitely put in enough hard work of finding them homes, and caring for them. I think I've pretty much found my passion. It just infuriates me the way some people treat their animals, and if I know that I've helped one animal...that's all that counts.
He stayed at my house for about a week and a half before one of the girls from Petco decided to take him home on a trial basis to see if he would get along well with her pets (and by pets I mean her 50lb+ tortoises). Well its been about a week since she's had him and she absolutely loves him and is going to be his permanent loving home! He was quite an amazing dog, so I had been telling her from the beginning that the minute she takes him home she wont be able to give him up. He was a little chihuahua terrier mix who was just a little sweetheart. His previous owner was a guy who was in his early 20's and was leaving for China to finish his masters degree. I met him the day he was going to take Rascal to the Humane Society. I just felt so bad, because the guy already felt awful about having to give his dog up. He had actually been looking for a new home for Rascal but couldn't find one, and neither his friends nor family would take him in. So, because of my love of animals I agreed to take him and PROMISED to find him a great home. Well...I believe I have stuck to that promise, and I'm just sooo happy that Rascal has a permanent home now. Tony always says that we should just start our own animal shelter because I bring home enough animals to start one, and I definitely put in enough hard work of finding them homes, and caring for them. I think I've pretty much found my passion. It just infuriates me the way some people treat their animals, and if I know that I've helped one animal...that's all that counts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

50 pounds tortoes'!!! i would love to see pictures of those ha. i'd work for you =]
ReplyDeleteIt is so awesome that you found your passion! I am so happy for you! You seem to be loving San Diego! And yes I am jealous that you live 5 minutes from Ikea!
ReplyDeleteWe find out if Brian gets MECEP in Nov and if he does then we will move back to WA in May. And then I want to take a road trip to come and see you!
You live 5 minutes away from Ikea!! No fare, when we move to new mexico next summer the nearest one is 6 hours away in phoenix.
ReplyDeleteI know I would definitely want to keep every single animal, i'm also surprised that so many people do just take them to petco. But at least you work there cuz we know they are being taken care of.