
They sell these great jars that have chalkboard paint on them so you can label what is in them. I think they're just sooo cute! So I was trying to be creative and started thinking about how I could go to Ikea or thrift stores and buy inexpensive jars and make them myself....well World Market only sells them for between $3.99 and $6.99 a piece which is a pretty good deal. Actually that's a little bit less that the price I was finding for jars the same size at Ikea, without chalkboard paint on them. So anyways....I just thought it would be cute for like Christmas or anytime you need to get gifts to buy them a jar or two and fill them with something you know they like...like nice coffee, or cookies you made, or spices, or coloring stuff for kids, anything really, and than attach a piece of chalk. LOVE IT!
On another note...
This weekend at Petco (on Saturday) we were holding a Halloween contest for pets and their pet parents. Well I thought it would be a great idea to put an add on craigslist just so I could get the word out to a few more people about our free contest. Well I didn't work Saturday but I wanted to stop in and see how it was going and bring Charlie since I bought him a cow costume (I know...he's a dog, but it's just tooo funny). Well guess who showed up to the event??? Channel 8 news!! haha, and it was all because I posted the contest on craigslist! I was standing there, and all of a sudden I saw the news walk in, and I was totally confused. Well one of my managers asked them why they were there and it was because of the add. They weren't there very long, but they just kind of hung out and interviewed people who had entered the contest. I just thought it was funny. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

That is too funny that the news showed up!! I wanted to do something for the dogs, but we don't have the money.. but next year for sure! ha
ReplyDeleteI saw those jars online at World Market, I really want something like that but they wouldn't fit in our pantry. Sucky! You should get a second job at World Market so you could get a discount!! ha
That is so cool that the news came because of you! You definitely need to post pictures of Charlie dressed up in his costume!
ReplyDeleteI saw this and thought of you!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/2009/10/removable-chalkboard.html
I think I am going to do that to the canisters in my laundry room that I etched the glass because its hard to see what is etched on them since the contents are white.
Way to go with the Petco publicity! And I love the canister idea!
ReplyDelete