Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Tony got promoted!
Yea, you heard that right! Tony got promoted today to Corporal which is extremely exciting! It's been a long time coming, so I think Tony is glad that it actually finally happened. If you know the marine corps (or the military for all I know) they tell you things, and they promise you things, but it never actually happens (a lot of the time, not all the time). So the other exciting part was that I got to leave early from work so I could go to the ceremony and pin his new chevrons on him, but the bad news is that they changed the time of the ceremony and didn't even care to tell Tony. So...to make a long story short...I didn't get to pin him. Oh well, it's not like I've never been able to be there for any of his promotions or anything, but whatever the sergeant major says, goes. But, he did get to leave work early since I drove all the way there, so we went to a celebration dinner at Claim Jumper, yum! If I had gone to the ceremony I would've probably had tons of pictures to share with everyone, but I don't, sorry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

so did you end up missing the whole thing?? that sucks, frank was in japan when he made 3rd but i wasn't too sad because the pictures from the ceremony.. if that's what you want to call it ha were beautiful! the ocean was behind him with palm trees.
ReplyDeleteYay Tony!!!! Sorry that you missed getting to pin him! When Brian got Corporal they changed the time of the ceremony too but luckily for me they just made it a bit later in the day.
ReplyDelete